Parenting doesn’t always turn out to be what you want it to be. At the time when you are expecting a baby, you picture a sweet little mini version of yourself running around the house and playing with toys. As they get older, you picture a great relationship with them. It isn’t always like that. Most times, it may even turn out to be the opposite. A lot of parents have difficulties raising their kids and bonding with them. Sometimes, it feels as though your child doesn’t love you. You’re not alone. It is a stage and several other parents have experienced it too.
Here are some quotes that relate to tough love parenting:
1. “If you have never been hated by your child you have never been a parent.” ~Bette Davis
This is quite true. You may have probably asked your child to do some chores or do assignments instead of watching TV, that child may momentarily not like you. That’s because you stopped him or her from having some fun. That’s all part of parenting as it is normal.
2. “Some people need to learn to be a parent and not a friend. Quit being scared of making your kids mad. They’ll get over it.”
3. “Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult.” ~Nadia Boulanger
4. “Just because I love you unconditionally does not mean I’m going to co-sign your behavior unconditionally. You are going to learn the difference one way or the other.”
5. “The bond between a mother and a son is a special one. It remains unchanged by time or distance.”
6. “I am a responsible parent and have always provided for my children. That fact cannot be disputed. I have made mistakes in my life, but failing to care for my children is not one of them.” ~Jamal Lewis
7. “When a child hits a child, we call it aggression. When a child hits an adult, we call it hostility. When an adult hits an adult, we call it assault. When an adult hits a child, we call it discipline.”—Haim G. Ginott
8. “Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you.”—Robert Fulghum
9. “If we don’t shape our kids, they will be shaped by outside forces that don’t care what shape our kids are in.”—Dr. Louise Hart
10. “Play helps build a warm relationship between family members and create a bank of positive feelings and experiences that can be drawn upon in times of conflict. Through play, you can help your children solve problems, test out ideas, and explore their imaginations.”—Carolyn Webster-Stratton
Parenting is fun and very rewarding. However, don’t forget that there will be difficult times. You may start wondering if you are a good parent or not. Children may exhibit behaviors that can be hard to deal with. With the parenting quotes above, you will be able to discover the right perspective of dealing with your child.